Prime Minister Manasseh Sogavare has announced a raft of tough measures to combat the COVID-19 outbreak in Honiara with only those fully vaccinated and must wear mask are allowed to enter shops.
Additionally, he said in his nationwide address that every member of the public is asked to carry their vaccination certificate.
“Every member of the public is asked to carry your vaccination certificate. You will need to show your vaccination cards to be able to enter any business or transport. They must also carry a photo I.D (such as drivers’ licence, voter card, SINPF Card or Passport) for verification of person
Here are the measures he announced today
Businesses may open for business subject to the following conditions:
- Limit the number of Customers permitted in each shop at a point in time using 1 customer for 4 square meters of space. Each shop owner must measure the area for customers, divide by 4 and put on the door the number of customers allowed to enter each time.
- Only customers who are fully vaccinated and wearing face mask are allowed to enter the shop. All shop owners, please ensure you verify the customer is fully vaccinated before entry. All customers, take your vaccination card with you as proof of vaccination.
- Each Shop must provide hand sanitizers at the entrance and / or exit of each shop,
- Only shops whose owners and workers have been fully vaccinated are allowed to open. Any shop conducting business where the owners or workers are not fully vaccinated will be closed.
- All Customers must face mask all the time.
Prescribed Maximum Passenger limit on public transport are as follows:
- Taxis – 3 passengers (excluding driver).
- Public Buses – two passengers per row.
Taxi drivers, bus drivers and conductors must be fully vaccinated and must always wear mask. Traffic police will check for vaccination cards in addition to driving licence.
All passengers must be fully vaccinated and must wear masks all times. Passengers must show their vaccination cards before they can board a bus.
No large public gatherings. Max of 5 people allowed at a public place
All Casinos, pubs, restaurants, and nightclubs are closed. Hotels who have guests may serve their customers but are not open to the public.
Church services are also temporarily suspended.