Solomon Airlines has confirmed that following approval from the relevant Solomon Islands Government Oversight Committees, effective immediately, the airline can again start accepting passengers and taking bookings for flights between Honiara and the Provinces.
The following new conditions will apply for all passengers intending to travel on the airline’s domestic network:
• All domestic flight bookings within the Solomon Islands must be made at least 24 hours prior to departure, to ensure adequate time for Ministry of Health approval processing
• At Check-in, passengers must provide a valid ID, proof of double COVID-19 vaccination, and proof of a negative Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) taken within 24 hours prior to their flight. Original proof must be provided and copies will not be accepted.
• The name on the passenger’s ID must match the name on the ticket and on the vaccination card otherwise passengers will be denied boarding. Acceptable forms of ID include Passport, Drivers License, NPF card, Voters Registration Card, or Government-issued Staff identification
• For passengers departing the Provinces and arriving in Honiara, the Rapid Antigen Test (RAT) will be done on arrival at Henderson Airport by the Ministry of Health
• Children under 18 years of age are exempt from the vaccination requirement
• Anyone claiming a medical exemption from vaccination must provide proof of the exemption signed by a Solomon Islands Government Health Authority
• Solomon Airlines will not refund fares nor be held liable for any passengers who book and do not meet the Solomon Islands Government requirements for travel at Check-in
• For bookings or further information, visit the airline’s website www.flysolomons.com, call their Reservations team on 177 (local call) or visit their Point Cruz Sales Office