Home COVID-19 1st COVID-19 patient NEVER stepped outside the isolation ward to chew betel-nut

1st COVID-19 patient NEVER stepped outside the isolation ward to chew betel-nut

54
0
The COVID-19 Isolation Ward at the NRH.
Sponsored Advertisement

Prime Minister Manasseh Sogvare confirms that the first COVID-19 patient has never stepped outside of his isolation ward at the National Referral Hospital to chew betelnut as claimed on social media – as he warns against the spreading of rumours and speculations.

In his weekly address on COVID-19 this afternoon, Sogavare said: “Last week there were reports that the first person in isolation ward had breached isolation protocols and went to chew betel-nut along the betel-nut stalls outside of the morgue. 

“Following the report, the operation centre conducted an investigation into these claims and I would like to inform the public that the person at the NRH isolation ward not at anytime stepped outside the isolation ward since arriving at the NRH and he has been very cooperative,” Sogavare said.

Sponsored Advertisement

He states that the Ministry of Health and Medical Services kindly requests members of the public not to spread false rumours or speculations as they may cause unnecessary panic, fear and anxiety.

Sogavare warns the public that the spreading of false rumours is an offence under Emergency Powers COVID Number 3 Regulations 2020.

Currently there are two COVID-19 cases in isolation at the NRH.

Both are returning students from the Philippines who arrived on September 29.

[email protected]

What you think?

Sponsored Advertisement